Sunday, February 20, 2011

Asking My Girls

I have been so excited and have been waiting so patiently to have my amazingly beautiful and equally as wonderful team of Bridesmaids assembled. Because J's sister lives in Florida I  had to wait until our engagement party to finally have all the girls invited. J and I are each having six attendants and then we will have our two little sisters as Junior Bridesmaids. We decided not to have kids at the wedding and therefore decided against a flower girl and ring bearer, so our little sisters will take over those responsibilities. Read THIS POST to meet the fabulous members of our wedding party!

I knew I wanted to ask each of the girls in a special way. I tossed around a couple ideas but ultimately ended up doing something that I thought was cute and special but still easy and affordable. I had gotten the book, "The Bridesmaid Guide: Ettiquette, Parties and Being Fabulous" a while back and loved it! It's such a cute book! It has a ton of different ideas of what to do during the wedding planning process, complete with checklists, but it's also super funny. I didn't want to imply that any of the girls needed this book but it was helpful when I was a bridesmaid and is just such a fun book. So, I ordered 6 copies off of Amazon.com.
Then, I made each girl a card. I started by finding a cute picture of me with and my amazing friends. Then, using photoshop I added a meaningful quote underneath. For my sisters and sisters-to-be I used the quote, "A sister is a gift to the heart and a friend to the spirit" -Isadora James and for my beloved friends I used the quote, "...a true friend leaves footprints on your heart" -Eleanor Roosevelt. Then I sent these pictures to be printed at Target and they turned out great.....
Can't forget about the Junior Bridesmaids....
 
After the pictures were printed I attached them to light purple paper and wrote a note to each of my soon-to-be bridesmaids telling them how much they mean to me and asking them to stand up next to me on my wedding day!
Finally, I wrapped each of the books in black and white paper (of course) and attached the card to the top of it. 
Then came the fun part.... I met up with each of the girls individually and gave them the book! It was so fun! I absolutely loved watching them read the cards, there were a lot of tears and all of them said YES! It feels great to have the squad assembled and I cannot wait for the year to come and all the fun we're going to have together!

Blog Archive