Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: FLOWERS!

When it came to choosing a florist this was another super easy decision. Through Coffee Buzz we have gotten to know Rene & Stephen, the amazing owners of Arts & Flowers Design Studio.
They have been so generous to us, constantly bringing over amazing floral arrangements to help liven up Coffee Buzz! Their arrangements are instantly recognizable by anyone who has used them before. They pride themselves on long lasting unique arrangements and they do a flawless job!
Sitting down with Rene to discuss the wedding flowers was so easy I couldn't even believe it. I am not a huge flower person, I don't know much about them. What I did know is this: I want an all calla lily bouquet (they are my fave flower), everything else needs to be white, I do not like hydrangeas ( I don't know why, I just do not like them) and roses are fine but only minimally (I think they're overdone and therefore not special). You all know my wedding colors are black and white and I mean BLACK and WHITE, nothing else so it irritates me that flowers have green stems. I told Rene the few ideas I had and he did the rest. He came up with some great ideas and I can't wait to meet with him again, closer to the wedding, to make the final decisions.

In the meantime I have been scouring the internet for any and all flower ideas. I've been collecting inspiration photos for the past few months....here's what I've come up with. Let me know what you think, because like I said, I'm not a flower person so I need all the help I can get.

The one thing I know for absolute sure is that I want my bouquet to look pretty much exactly like this one:
Only difference is that I want the black ribbon to go further down the stems....the less green the better!

As far as bridesmaid's bouquets go, I know I want them white (duh!) and to be smaller and cute! In a perfect world I would want all stefanotis bouquets like these:

But, I quickly found out (thanks to Rene) that these tiny little angel flowers are SUPER DUPER spendy. So I am going to have to settle for something with just a few, like these:
I love this second one....minus that green nonsense and of course the ribbon will be black.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be opposed to doing something completely different like these:


I'm not completely sold on any of these, but some variation of these could be nice!

As for boutonnieres and corsages. I haven't decided if the boys will wear boutonnieres yet, I'm thinking a simple pocket square may look better with the tuxes we're choosing (more on that later). I'm not a huge fan of boutonnieres and corsages in general, but I want our special guests (all 8 of our parents) to be recognized, so I can get on board if they're super modest. I have looked at a million pics and have found ONE boutonierre and ONE corsage I would even consider:
Stephanotis, of course, sorry this pic sucks.


The only corsage I've liked so far

OK, for centerpieces...I have no idea. Well, I guess I have some idea because I know I want either calla lilies or candles or both. But I just don't know what combination. I like the idea of having a couple different centerpieces, especially since we will have some round tables of 10 and some rectangle tables of 6, so I'd like to different centerpieces on the different tables. Anyways, here's some pics I found that I enjoy.....now if I could just narrow it down!


(love this for the head table)


Really like this, but with all calla lilies


how amazing is this?!?!









Any of you past brides have any words of wisdom regarding flowers? And how about you brides to-be, what are you doing for flowers? And all you single ladies.....HELP!

Blog Archive